What is Oxidation and What Should I Know About It?

Oxidation is a very basic chemical concept. It involves moving electrons from one compound to another. The compounds that exchange electrons are changed. Chlorine dioxide, ClO2, is a moderate selective oxidant. It can’t pull electrons off of every compound but when it finds a match, it can pull 2 1/2 times more electrons off than chlorine. It turns out a “good match” are enzymatic proteins that are necessary for microbes to live. These same type proteins are also found on their cell walls and are called allergens. Taking electrons from them causes them to “bend” or denature, which results in them completely losing function.

Tip of the Iceberg: “Only a Mold Problem?”

Do your employees complain about mystery illnesses? Is your absentee creeping up? Allergens, mold exposure, latent bacteria, and viruses may very well be the culprit. Loss of humidity control in a building can often produce a mold bloom which immediately becomes the prime suspect, as well it should, but what about the rest of the microbial mold that has set up shop in your building? Mold spores and allergens such as pollen and insects can and often do coat the surfaces of everything inside your building, visible or not. Are there any options? You might hire a counselor to help your suffering employees deal with it, or you could spend a million dollars to strip out everything within your building – don’t forget the walls and air conditioning system! You should try oxidation instead. This is a process whereby the room or building is sealed off and flooded not with a liquid disinfectant but a gas instead. It completely penetrates every nook and cranny in the space and attaches the microbes and allergens. This process is EPA-registered.

[Conditions for 99.999% or greater fungal elimination]

Destroy Antigens on Surfaces and In the Air

While allergies don’t normally kill you, they can make you wish you were more dead. There really hasn’t been many options for allergy sufferers. HEPA Filtration has been the standby for forever, we have one in our house. Wouldn’t it be great to have a cure rather than just a treatment? DeepReach Oxidation has been fumigating buildings for mold contamination over the past five years and have noticed that post-treatment, allergy sufferers have universally said they no longer experienced their allergies at work. We knew from our experience that our DRO process would destroy mold allergens, but we had no idea that it extended to pollen and dust mites! Recent research (see below) finally proves our clients were not just imagining the improvement. This is the first time an in situ remediation of allergens has been documented by science and it’s big news!  A gas naturally moves from a high concentration to a lower concentration. This natrual law ensures that the ClO2 gets to the source of the problem and stops it, and it’s quick and easy. A treatment can be done overnight on a weekend (depending on size of the structure).

What About Bacteria?

Would you like to eat bacteria? Most people would say “NO,” but we ingest bacteria all the time. We live in a sea of bacteria and most of it is just fine, actually necessary in some instances. But a small fraction of bacteria spoils it for all the rest. They’re called PATHOGENS and they are responsible for much of the disease that plagues mankind. You can get them from a cut or injest them in tainted food, you can inhale them or drink them. So we take great pains to be bacteria-free. The mirable substance chlorine will keep us safe. ClO2 is even more effective on bacteria than on mold and fungus. Why? Because bacteria have a more simplistic cell type called “Prokaryotic” which lacks certain protective characteristics that the more advanced cell type, “Eukaryotic” have. So good news – if the mold is dead, so too is the bacteria!